Whether you’re off to visit the relatives or out for a refreshing winter walk, there are lots of reasons to take the train this holiday season – but do remember to check your journey before you travel.
Things to do:
- See in the New Year in Cornwall – Cornwall plays host to some of the best places to see in the New Year. The seaside towns of St Ives, Newquay, and Looe are all famous for their fancy dress and party atmosphere. Let the train take you to the party…
- Explore wintery beaches – Winter can still be a great time to take a stroll on the beach, and you can reach some of the best of them by train. Take your pick with our at-a-glance guide.
- Check out our #CosyChristmas recommendations – on our Facebook page, we’ve been sharing ideas for cosy, quirky things to do in Devon & Cornwall over the holidays, all reachable by train of course.
Bear in mind:
- There are no trains on Christmas Day or Boxing Day
- Over the Christmas and New Year period, check your journey before you travel. GWR have a specific page about Christmas travel with the latest information.