Head to Truro by train this weekend for the Great Cornish Food Festival.
It’s free to enter (thanks to sponsorship by Great Western Railway), and runs from Friday to Sunday (23-25 Sept 2016). From 9am each day there’ll be a scrumptious selection of Cornish-produced delights to sample and buy, as well as demonstrations and masterclasses by top chefs and food experts. There’s also a programme of free children’s activities.
Five reasons to go by train:
- No traffic or parking hassles
- The festival, held at Lemon Quay, is just 15 minutes’ walk from Truro station (see map of directions)
- The train only takes 25 minutes from Falmouth Town
- It costs just £4.30 (adult Off-Peak Day Return)
- Trains run twice an hour (Mon-Sat, with reduced service on Sundays)
Look up train times
Part funded by the Designated Community Rail Development Fund. The Fund is backed by the Department for Transport and the Association of Community Rail Partnerships (now Community Rail Network).