Devon and Cornwall’s branch line destinations have come out on top in a new survey to find England’s best towns for holiday accommodation.
The survey brought together ratings from TripAdvisor, Booking.com and Hotels.com. It found that six of the region’s branch line towns made the national top 20 for the quality of their hotels and B&Bs:
1. Looe on the Looe Valley Line
6. Paignton on the Riviera Line
10. St Ives on the St Ives Bay Line
13. Torquay on the Riviera Line
15. Falmouth on the Maritime Line
19 Newquay on the Atlantic Coast Line
Pictured is Falmouth’s Greenbank Hotel – just one of the fantastic places to stay that’s just a short walk from the counties’ scenic branch lines.
Why not treat yourself to a winter break in 2017?